get inside my head. and then, get out.



but before you get out, leave a comment please. :p





Friday, September 26, 2008

Bad Day Blues


We've all had our bad days. I don't think there's one person in this whole entire world who has not had at least one bad day. In fact, some of us get it real bad.

Some of us get it SO bad, that it's one bad day after another. And before you know it, it's a bad week. And then it's a bad month. And then the end of the year comes, and we just wish that the New Year would be nicer compared to the bad year that we just had.

I was supposed to entitle this entry as "Remedies for a Bad Day" but then I changed my mind. I didn't want to write about remedies...I mean, I clearly don't know anything about effective remedies. After all, I'm still having a bad week...

Soooo...I don't have any sure cure whenever the bad day blues come attacking. I wish there was though...some universal cure that's sure to turn that frown upside down. No such luck really. But I do try. Just recently, I've noticed certain things that I do whenever I'm having my bad day blues (BDB). I gave it some thought and I realized that it's actually a pattern. My BDB habits!

    ♥ Drink MILK straight out of the box. I feel silly drinking it right out of the box. And feeling silly is good and lightens my mood. And milk is an awesome comfort food/drink! And besides, we could all use some silliness during a bad day..

    ♥ I clean the house. I rarely do this. But when the thinking gets tough, the tough gets going and scrubs the floors. I find that when I'm cleaning, I think better or in most cases, I'm just too busy cleaning to even think. And if I do think, I'm probably thinking..."Shit. Pagod na ko. Ayoko na magbunot. Shit. Shit. No, I can do this. Shit talaga." So there. Haha!

    ♥ Waste cigarettes. I noticed that whenever I'm having a bad day, I tend to smoke my stress away. But what I do is I light up a cig, smoke it half way. Put it out. Throw it away. Light up another one. Half way. Throw it away. And again. And again.

    ♥ Shopping Therapy. Yep, you got it. I do what any other woman would do when things just don't go right. I SHOP. Big shocker. This rarely fails to cheer me up even for just a while.

    ♥ I Bake. (Not bakes, okay. Haha.) Anyone who knows me well would know that I only bake when I'm depressed, having a bad day, OR really really really happy (which is rare).

    ♥ Comfort Undies. I have these cute panty shorts that have bunnies and other weird cartoon animals printed on them. They look silly. And like I said, silly is good. Others have comfort food, I have comfort undies. :p

    ♥ Peanut butter and Nutella. I noticed that on a normal day, I won't dare make myself a peanut butter and hazelnut spread sandwich. It's so darn unhealthy. But of course, we all have that comfort food we turn to. :D

    ♥ FOOTBALL. ♥♥♥ There is no better way to relieve stress than be on the field and just release all your stress into that damn ball. Seriously. But I'm real scary on the field when I'm having a bad day..I play extra aggressive. Sports is a great excuse to hurt somebody. :D

    ♥ Get a futon, sleep in the garden. The intention is to just stay in the garden and lie down. But I end up sleeping.. Staying in a peaceful place helps sometimes.


Hmm. There are so much more like sending text messages to myself, re-arranging my room, drink, put make up on, read in the dark wit a flashlight, comb my hair for an hour, write on my mirror, and yeah..stuff like that. But I find that the basic ones we need to remember to get us through our bad days are these:


    ♥ FRIENDS. Or even just one. Be with your friends or people your normally enjoy doing nothing with. You don't have to talk. Just tell them you need company. The good ones will talk you through your bad day. But the great ones will walk you through it without even uttering a word. :)

    ♥ Talk if you need to Talk. If you need to let it out, let it out! Whatever it is that's bothering you, no matter how shallow, voice it out. Complain and whine about it to a friend who's patient enough to listen to you over and over and not get pissed because you won't shut up.

    ♥ Don't be idle. Find something to do. Even if you're too lazy and bummed out to move..just occupy yourself with something. If you don't want company, then..try counting your hair strands. Or just sleep through it. Being idle gets your mind restless and eventually works you up even more.

    ♥ Do silly things. Lighten up. It's okay to be a bit retarded and do something silly and stupid like face paint. Or play dress up and be a stripper...or alice in wonderland (if you want it wholesome :p).

    LASTLY, and most importantly..
    ♥ Don't beat yourself up about it.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was suppose to post this September 9. But I forgot to post it.. so yeah.
But today's kind of the appropriate day to post it since I'm having a really BAD DAY.

0 COMMENTS :