get inside my head. and then, get out.



but before you get out, leave a comment please. :p





Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Mom and I" Moments

One of my talents, probably like any other stereotyped woman, would be talking and arguing. What can I say I'm a "people person". I remember during my younger years, around 5 or 6 years old probably, I would already be able to converse with people twice or thrice my age. :) I remember finding other kids unusually dumb, and them finding me unusually maverick and loquacious. And then I started growing up and getting smarter, hence, developing my skill to not only argue but actually construct sound and better arguments. And eventually, almost mastering the skill to shut people up if they know what's good for them.

What used to be a talent, I can now call a skill. And skills are honed and perfected, you don't just acquire them. People ask, HOW? Well, it's simple. If you have a mom like mine--you either learn how to shut up or talk more. :D (I would put "talk back", but then that would sound disrespectful. They're healthy arguments.)

"The EVERY MORNING Conversation"

Before I leave the house for school..
Mom: Where are you going, to the mall?
Me: (I shut up and change what I'm wearing.)
Mom: Why won't you wear rubber shoes?
Me: RIIIGHT. I'm not wearing rubber shoes to school.
Mom: Edi basta wag ka lang mag-tsinelas! (Then just don't wear slippers!)
Me: Flip-flops! You bought them. HA-VA-IANAS!
Mom: They're 1000 pesos slippers! Tsinelas pa rin yan! (They're still slippers!)
Dad: (covers his ears) nanananananana..

In the car, nearing school..
Mom: See, look at that girl, she's wearing shirts, jeans and sneakers.
Me: She's a walking fashion disaster. I want to look better than that.
Mom: At least hindi nakasilip mga daliri niya sa paa. (At least her toes aren't peeking out.) It looks better.
Me: (SIGHS LOUDLY)
Mom: Kita mo? You're the only one wearing slippers.
(And then a large group of students exit the building, majority wearing flip-flops.)
Me: WOOOOOW! I am the only one wearing slippers!
Dad: (SIGHS LOUDLY)

Oh man.
We have so much arguments, I was thinking of them awhile ago but then I can't remember them now. I'll update this post later on. :)

But I love my mom so much. She's like my bestfriend and my sister. She's given me so much and the truth of the matter is, even if I hide things from her, I can really tell her everything. I just choose not to. Even if I know she'd understand. But eventually, I usually end up telling her what's bothering me. It's just that there are times I just want her to listen but she won't shut up. Haha. The truth stings, especially when it comes from her. But then again, that's what moms are for.

"We're VERY OPEN to each other..."

Around 2am in the morning before we sleep...
(We were talking about a lot of things before this..)
Mom: Do you cut class?
Me: Sometimes...
Mom: Do you go drinking?
Me: Sometimes...
Mom: Do you smoke?
Me: (Really long pause.) Sometimes.....
Mom: Gusto mo ng batok? (Do you want me to hit you?)
Me: Um, sometimes...?
(Laugh Laugh Laugh)

Another part of that conversation...
(This time i decide not to share. Too delicate. Haha)
Mom: So do you like anyone?
Me: Nope.
Mom: Really? Crushes?
Me: Nope. Nope. Wala.
Mom: Is anyone courting you?
Me: No one.
Mom: Really? Like you? Have a crush on you?
Me: There's really none at all. NADA.
Mom: Hmmm..maybe because you have the "Touch-Me-Not" thing going on.
Me: WHAT?! Ano?
Mom: Yeah, you're so mataray (snobbish). I bet they're intimidated to go near you.
Me: WHAAAAT? No kaya.
Mom: Yup kaya.
Hahaha! Laugh Laugh. :p

"But I worry, HER AGE is showing!"
But then like I said, I eventually end up telling her.
Still the same conversation. i end up telling her about this guy I llike.
Me: He's so cute. And he's soooo hot.
Mom: Aww, but he doesn't know you?
Me: What? Of course he does.
Mom: Does he like you?
Me: I'm pretty sure he does.
Mom: What? And how would you know?
Me: Because he's hitting on me. So was hitting on me.
Mom: What? Ano? He HITS you?!?
Me: NOO! Hahahaha. No. Flirting, mom. Flirtingggg.
Mom: Ohhhh...


Haha. See. I love my mom. I ♥ her sooo much. LMAO.
Good times..good times.

1 COMMENTS :

  1. Anonymous said...

    ha ha ha this is amusing to say the least