get inside my head. and then, get out.



but before you get out, leave a comment please. :p





Monday, August 25, 2008

Shocked. Amused. Appalled.

I don't have the whole back story on this, so forgive me if I get some details wrong. But I am seriously shocked, amused and appalled... Haha.

Let's start off with a pretty picture. :)


What is she wearing? No, she's not a girl scout master. :)
It's SISC's ALL-NEW I.B. UNIFORM!

Sooo..how do I say this?
Shocked. Appalled. Amused.


"SHOCKED!"

The uniform is...Oh God! If A.I.'s Simon Cowell was a judge, he'd probably say something like "You look you're wearing something you picked out from your grandmother's closet." Yes, complete with the British accent and that smirk on his face. Or maybe he'd say something like, "That is probably the most awful outfit I've ever seen. Horrible. It's a complete disaster." Or maybe Fab Five's Carson Cresley would just look absolutely mortified and whisper to the I.B. uniform, "Hold on! Mommy's gonna send for help. You stay right there."


On a more serious note, the uniform is pretty disappointing. I can imagine the I.B. students all huddled up together, crossing the street and some kid in a car would just point at them and say, "Look Mommy! A forest!". :|

The colors totally clash. I mean, as ifmint green isn't bad enough. Apparently it's not, they just had to pair it up with khakis. Oh wait, I forgot. It's a SKORT.

SOMEONE GO GET THE FASHION POLICE! It's a fashion faux pas!! Eeeep.
Okay enough.

So yes, the new uniform shocked me. Let's move on.



"AMUSED."

The old uniform was so much better. I don't know why they decided to change it. But, whatever. If there's one thing I learned with the decision making that happens in Southville, sometimes you have to learn how to LET IT GO. And of course, somehow find yourself a detour and work your way around it. Shhhhh...

Anyway, since a new batch of I.B. students are coming in and expecting to be wearing the old uniform and instead got that uniform...well, I guess you can say that they have pretty strong opinions about it. Haha.

I'm not sure who else is going to be part of the I.B.-1 batch for academic year o8-09, but majority of them are Mayumi's group of friends. And needless to say, I find their barkada to be a colorful set of people. I'm not close to them, but I do find them very entertaining. And the few times that I've gone with them, I can say that they're great company.

So I was reading their comments in facebook, and let me tell you that I was laughing if not guffawing at the comments. Let me post some of em here for ya:

DIANNE YAP:
mayumi is this the new boys uniform? AHAHHAAHH



JUNICE SCHREIBER:
lets prepare our sticks with roasted marshmallows and our little lamp and backpacks... maybe we can even hire some flies para mas maganda props.

DIANNE YAP:
HIRE SOME FLIES???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA DUDEEEE!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA YOU CATCH FLIES! YOU DON`T HIRE THEM!

MAYUMI NAOE:
i wanna hire a hitman. hehehehehe >:} to take out those fools who approved the design..

DIANNE YAP:
what`s a hitman

MAYUMI NAOE:
hahaha someone who is hired to take out people :)

JUNICE SCHREIBER:

haahhahahhahahhaaahhahhahhahaha

LOL. Amusing. Here's the link: Click hurrr.


"APPALLED!!"

I wouldn't call the uniform fugly. But if I had to wear it? Yes, I would complain. Not file a formal complain..or maybe I would've. But nevertheless, a few groans here and there. A few insults here and there. I can so imagine Iris and I dissing it if that was our uniform.

But imagine my shock when I heard that someone printed out the whole thing at Facebook and gave it to the Discipline Office. And then imagine my jaw drop when I heard that the Discipline Office is actually putting these kids under probation because of their comments. I can't believe that they would actually entertain something so trivial as this. It's very petty. I guess I can't blame the school for reprimanding them, but to actually say that they might be suspended because of this? I'm sorry now but that's just complete bullshit.

School has not even started and they're already giving a disciplinary case to them? What the shit is that? I'm not saying that just because school has not yet started that the rules don't have to be implemented. But what rules exactly are they breaking here? Sure they've been going, "I'm gonna kill whoever approved this design." They're nothing but a bunch of harmless complains, ridicules and banters from a couple of teenagers. I'd expect a more professional and mature response from the school.

I have a high respect for some of the authorities over at Southville. So let's not name names. But when I heard one personnel question one of the students about their love for the school, implying that because she has been dissing and insulting the poor choice of uniform design, then she must hate the school...I was like, Say That Again.

When I heard this, well..according to my good professor's words, "My Internal Bullshit Meter (IBM) just went totally haywire". Just because you dislike a part of something, doesn't mean you hate the whole. In the same logic that just because a student doesn't like the teacher doesn't mean that the student hates the subject or vice versa. In the same sense that just because someone hates the fact that she has a flat chest or a big nose doesn't mean that she hates herself. Because saying so would be a complete fallacy.

It's a bit disappointing. I shared this bit to my parents and they couldn't believe it either. According to them, "I can't believe na pinatulan pa nila yung ganong issue." Which is my point exactly. You can't go on pleasing everyone. And a lot of students in Southville hate the uniform anyway, the I.B. one and the normal one. But you can't go around hunting down these students who hate the uniform and then suspend them. Under what grounds? For hating the uniform, which they so smartly interpet as hating the school?

Jeez, what do we do then with the blue-blooded Ateneans who are stuck enrolled in De La Salle? Oh my god! Should DLSU suspend them too because at the all important DLSU v ADMU game they were sitting over at the Eagles' side and openly dissing La Salle? OF COURSE NOT. Oooh, big shocker there.

They are making a big issue out of nothing. And to whoever printed the conversation and gave it to the Discipline Office, I just want that person to know...that for someone who's studying in I.B. that was a really stupid and idiotic thing to do. Not only is it none of your business, but you could've done such a better job at addressing whatever problem you saw. I understand that you guys love Sir Andre a lot, and make no mistake that I look up to him and have such a high regard for him, but what you did makes you really stupid and insolent and a moron.

7 COMMENTS :

  1. Unknown said...

    dood I totally agree..if they hate a part doesnt mean they hate the whole thing. I really wonder what kind of person would print the conversation and give it to the school..pikon-talo.

  2. ** said...

    LOL. Fallacy diba. That CRITHIN course sure got its perks. Haha

  3. Anonymous said...

    Hello,

    I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]trish-thinks.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research indicates that about 90% of all USA grownups are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

    About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

  4. Anonymous said...

    I typically do not submit in Blogs but your blog studied me to, daunting function.. grand
    [IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]

  5. Anonymous said...

    … Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your trish-thinks.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

    YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

    I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

    …Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
    http://autopilot-traffic-software.com

    I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

    …so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

    http://autopilot-traffic-software.com

    Take care - your friend George

  6. Anonymous said...

    After the deрartment of Mason, thе comρany has been through, any hopе
    for a revival іs ѕоrely needeԁ
    business аnd worth the effort wіthout good expoѕure?
    It can сгеate problems when the systеmѕ
    go busіnesѕ doωn οr brеаkdown.
    Advаntages οf a Cloud Baseԁ Schеduling SystemFortunately there iѕ a silver lining for
    employеrs. Αnоther thing yοu can do to mаkе your video excіting, differеnt and to help
    you, аs аn advаntage. Self-aware managers thinκ
    morе from a systemѕ view.

    Feеl free to surf to mу web ρagе - social media internet marketing

  7. Anonymous said...

    Ηow much busіnesѕ traffіc inflow
    is theгe foг your company, іt is alwаys a gοod idеa to
    have a full grаѕρ οvеr this new algorithm.


    Alѕo viѕit my ωeb-site ... HTTP://Wallinside.com/