get inside my head. and then, get out.



but before you get out, leave a comment please. :p





Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My "Foggy Bottom" Friends

OH MY GOSH. I WAS BROWSING THROUGH SOME OLD PHOTOS...
AND I FOUND THIS!



I mean, it's not like I haven't seen this pic in forever. But.. this time that I saw it, it felt different. It's like.. WHERE DID THE TIMES GO?

We all look so young in this picture. I mean, it's just in this picture that we all look like this. We look like elementary girls, jeeez. But it's all right. It brings back a lot of sentiment with it. :) Those were the days when there was still the "cyber lounge" in Southville and the Smokey stand! And who could forget how addicted some if not most us were on those damn corndogs. Ahh, yes. That's what I really miss..the corndog. LOL.

Before I transferred to Southville, I had other friends. With the exception of Joanne and Jamie, I guess as good chums as my former friends were..they were all fleeting and temporary. Oh they were great drinking buddies, and fun to be with no doubt about that at all. Some I could even call true friends, or at least had the potential to be. But then, since they're now part of my old life..I guess never can tell. But with these girls...I swear it, I will never turn my back on them.



I mean, seriously? If you don't already know this about me, I have a biiig tendency to become sort of a loner. Before, I'd actually survive without much contact from the outside world. I wouldn't mind so much to text my friends and people, ask them how the hell they're doing or just a plain ol' "Hello". (note: these were pre-Southville times) But then I made new friends, and met these wonderful girls and as different as I was from them, we managed to get along great. And I guess what I got out of meeting them was more than friendship that's to be cherished but they taught me how to be open, and warm-er. They sort of brought out the life in me, that was already slowly being drained out of me then. And I kid you not. I exaggerate not.

I've met a lot of colorful people in life. Yes, a lot more colorful than my friends. But as I would soon realize later on, colorful people were not what I needed. Colorful people tend to be...temporary. Fleeting and temporary, as what I said earlier. There were a lot of times that I was with people so colorful, and my world was bombarded with so much colors...I started seeing black and white. Turns out is that some cliches really are true, in this case "too much of anything is never really a good thing" (or however that line goes).

Moving into a new group of friends horrified me. And I dreaded meeting these new people. What it felt like to me was that I was moving out of glamourville New York or Paris and into some obscure suburb called "Foggy Bottom" or "Blow-Me-Down" Valley. Paris would be my Manila friends, the ones who I had non-stop rockin and rollin and paintin-the-town-red with. True enough, my Manila friends would be the catwalkin' Parisians/New Yorkers who would easily stab you in the back for fortune and fame. And my "Foggy Bottom" people would be these ladies who would teach me about home and friendship and all things huggable and fuzzy. (And all the same still rock n roll n crunk out with! :D )

I know the analogies are too much. But I just can't help it. I don't want to write down things such as "they taught me how to be a better person". It just doesn't work that way. There are so many angles to it that analogies are the best way to go. :p

I just finished re-reading my post. Amazing. I managed to talk about missing corndogs and somehow I stirred my way down into memory lane. So as much as I'd want to get into details of the warm and the fuzz and the shizzles, I won't for now. Maybe I'll save it for another post. Or maybe I'll just keep it to myself.

My "Foggy Bottom" friends...ah, love. They're like the sisters I never had. :) They kept my crayola box intact and my coloring book still wonderfully colored. They keep me from taking out too much crayons I won't really need and just end up coloring my book ugly or worse, end up losing my crayons (oh no!). :D

Eeep. So here's a shout out to ma beautiful ladies I love so much:

IRIS JANNA GIA ULA LORA
TRISHA JENELLE MAYUMI


0 COMMENTS :